Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Chicken Salad Recipe--Dinner tonight

We tend to have troubles at our house picking out meals for supper. Kyle is hungry all.of.the.time--his metabolism is better than mine...hello, love handles. So I've been searching for meals that are filling, but healthy too. Now...this one might not fall into the "filling" category for Kyle...but as long as we give him a can of soup, he should be good for the night until 7:30 tonight.

I made this for lunch with a friend over Christmas break and I faux followed someone's Pinterest recipe. But this is my variation.

Enjoy!

Chicken Salad Croissants

1/2 c lite mayo
1/2 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp dry mustard
1/2 c celery--sliced (we love celery at our house)
1/2 c grapes--halved
1/4 c dried cranberries (to taste)
*milk, whipping cream, heavy cream, half and half can be added if your salad needs some thinning

Seriously--that's all I did! We were so happy with these sandwiches. The next time I make them (on a weekend) I'm going to try my hand at making the croissants by myself! *instead of buying them from Target* Hah!

I'll post photos tonight when I'm finished. Enjoy and let me know what you think! Ooh...don't forget to try your own variations of this salad. Don't like cranberries? Try almonds. Don't like nuts, add some shredded cheese!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...