Friday, December 16, 2016

5 things needed to survive sleep deprivation

*Linking up with A.Liz Adventures for Five on Friday!*

Lewis has been having a rough week. I think it's a combination of being at a new daycare (week 2) and teething. Poor little guy was so crabby on Tuesday night.

Since we've been lacking a significant amount of sleep in our house the last week or so, here are five things you're going to need to survive sleep deprivation with an infant.

*I'm no pro...this is our first go around, but here's what I've learned so far*

one | coffee, Coffee, COFFEE

This is a must! My dear friend, Ashley, just sent me a gift with my Lularoe order...a Starbucks gift card! *heart eye emoji* She's a momma and she knows the feels. I'm thankful for a Starbucks drive thru...kind of on my way to work.

two | snacks

Lately, my snacks have been oatmeal with peanut butter or granola bars. But some of my favorite healthy-ish snacks have been dried fruits and popcorn.

Homemade snacks are always a good option too...homemade trail mix, granola bites, or just easy veggies and dip.

three | snuggles

What helps more than snuggling with the very baby that keeps you awake at night? Not much. This meme says it all.





four | help

I'm thankful I have a partner that I can tag team with. Last night Kyle took Lewis for a while so I could try to sleep. And then Lewis started screaming and only wanted Mom...so then it was my turn again.




five | cry

If none of these other things help, just cry. That's the last suggestion I have for you. I'll just say that it's not off the table in our house... Who knows? Crying might make you feel better.



Happy Friday! And we'll see you soon!









http://alizadventures.blogspot.com/2016/12/five-on-friday_16.html

1 comment:

  1. What a chock-full of useful information. Insomnia for mothers has become very common, nowadays because they think a lot for their children care.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...