Tuesday, January 15, 2019

How many times have I done this?

So, in all seriousness. How many times have I tried to jump back on the bandwagon and be consistent with my blogging? I mean, I've had a blog for the better part of the last decade. So there's your ballpark timeframe.

And it really is so hard to stay consistent. I wanted to keep blogging last spring after we lost our first little baby. But it was so hard to keep up with all that I wanted to say and who I wanted to say it to. Then I started grad school at the same time and I got overwhelmed. That sense of being overwhelmed hasn't gone away, but it's just looking a little different these days.

After that semester, I really wanted to share our news about the newest little babe on the way. But when we lost that one on Mother's Day, I decided that I needed to take the summer to focus on our family and homework. And before I knew it, we were back to school and pregnant again. Praying all the while that this one would stick.

Here's to a new year. I'd love it if you'd stick around, but I can't make any promises about being consistent with my posting here. Grad school is still looming and with my maternity leave drawing neigh, things are looking a little overwhelming again. But God is good and busy isn't bad, especially when it's this kind of busy.

This year, I'm working toward "being present" in everything that I do. I'm not sure what that might look like, but I do know that it means saying "no" to more and focusing my attention more on what and who is in front of me.

For now, I'll leave you with a comparison picture. The first is from 10 weeks with Bean Sprout and the second is from today, at 26 weeks. Hello, (almost) end of 2nd trimester!

   
 
What are you working on this year?
I'd love it if you shared in the
comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...