Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Baking Pt. I

My brother and I baked cookies last night! I usually bake with Mom and Grandma, but this year my brother came to stay with me while husband is gone. So.....we baked gingerbread cookies!

Here's the final product.

I was going to wait for him to start, but I realized that our dough needed to cool for 2 hours! Wowza. So...I went to the store after work and got the dough mixed up. My brother showed up about half way through mixing. So we "chilled" the dough and went out for supper. After a "short" stop at Wal-Mart for some last minute supplies, we made it home in time to start rolling out our cookies.

I ran out of molasses for the dough so it was a little crumbly. But, they turned out okay!




After cutting them all out, we started decorating while watching this movie. As we were baking and decorating we realized that one of the heads fell off. Soooo....what's better to do than make a decapitated gingerbread man! Hahaaaa.....okay...that's a little creepy. But he turned out kinda cool.  I was in charge of the rolling out and cutting and the outlining. And brother was in charge of the coloring in of the lines. Here they are!







Part II will be up after my baking adventure with mom this weekend!

And in case you're looking for a gingerbread cookie recipe, I found mine here.
Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...