Friday, January 10, 2014

10-on-10 (of sorts)

Since I didn't take 1 photo on the hour, for 10 hours...I'm going to try something else. 10 things about this year on the 10th day of the month. Here we go. (Sorry for the lack of pictures!)

1. I was sick for New Year's Eve. Boo! So we had supper, rented  Star Trek: Into Darkness, and fell asleep promptly after the clock struck midnight. 

2. Even though we didn't get much sleep over Christmas Break, we were somewhat ready to get back into the swing of things. For the most part. 

3. We finished Psych season 3 and are almost finished with season 4. Netflix the rest? Yes please!

4. We cleaned our apartment! This may not seem like a big accomplishment...but if you've seen the state of our apartment since day 1, you'll understand the significance. 

5. School started. 'Nuff said. 

6. The start of school brought some brutally cold weather. Some of you may laugh because much of the country has been cold. But seriously. I went to school the other day and it was -27° F. Windchill was, at minimum, -35° F. Yikes!


                     
See?! I wasn't lying!

7. In the same vein...MN Gov. Dayton canceled school on Monday! He canceled because it was going to be Cold (with a capital C). (Side note: It was too cold in the cities. In MSP. Up here in the North we've already had multiple days this winter where it's been -50° with windchill.) 

8. My dad, mom, and sibs came over for supper on Monday. It was the perfect day since school was canceled. Win! Husband made some delish shrimp ravioli. I don't eat shrimp, but everyone else loved it. Creamy red sauce with white wine; yum!

9. I spilled my coffee. We use a pour over system for brewing our coffee. If you've ever spent any time with me, you'll know how much I love my coffee. What a tragic start to my day. Not only did I spill my coffee, but I burned my hand right along with it. I love our pour over system, but when it doesn't fit on top of my saweet new coffee thermos, something is wrong. 

                                
                      

I know there's no crying in baseball and you're not supposed to cry over spilled milk. But what happens when you spill your coffee?

Anyway...

10. There's a birthday boy in the HOUSE! Husband celebrates his birthday tomorrow! So...what's a wife to do? I HAD to give him one of his gifts tonight. Since we got internet today...his gift was...Chromecast! For less than 1/2 the price of an Apple TV, how could I say no!? So as I type this, husband and I are enjoying an evening of trying out his new toy. Watching Skyfall. 

Sorry for the ramblings and the lack of photos. With that, I'll bid you a happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Crying over spilled coffee is completely acceptable because a.) that's just a loss anybody should mourn and b.) it clearly left its mark.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...