Friday, March 20, 2015

Just a little update

As much as I wanted to participate in A. Liz Adventure's Five on Friday, I didn't want my readers to get sick of reading because all I do is list five things going on with me.  So, instead I updated my 30 by 30 list.

I have quiet a ways to go to fulfill my whole list, but I'm on my way! Check it out:

1. Obtain a Master's Degree in Education 
 I think this is going to change to a Master's Degree in anything, English, Technology, Education...something. Not necessarily just Education.
2. Be debt free (with the help of one Dave Ramsey and his baby steps)
    --exception--our mortgage
3. Become more active (by using the C25K program) and be at my goal weight
   --yes, I do realize Aubrey and I have similar goals...it freaks Kyle out how similar she and I are
4. Read 100 new books.
  --This year my goal is 24 books total...I'm not quite there yet
  1. Twisted (Laurie Halse Anderson), 2. The Glass Menagerie (Tennessee Williams)
5. Improve my photography skills--I have a nice camera, but I'm not good with it
6. Create a blog schedule and stick to it
7. Send snail mail 300 times, just because
8. Take 3 road trips (2 with Kyle and 1 EPIC trip with Aubrey)
9. Send out Christmas cards every year (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
10. Read through the Bible with Kyle
11. Bake "just because" cupcakes for people 8 times (twice per year)
12. Make salsa with the tomatoes from our garden
13. Run a 5K, twice
14. Create a cookbook for both sides of my family (mom's & dad's sides)
15. Compile 100 new recipes that our family LOVES & put them into a database
16. Visit & review all of the local restaurants and businesses in town with our friends
17. Make homemade gifts for each baby born (in our families)
18. Surprise four someones with a little "I'm thinking about you" gift.
      1. On its way 3/19
19. Do something special for my husband every season.
20. Visit Seattle with Kyle
21. Visit San Francisco
22. Landscape my front yard
23. Plant my garden each year from seedlings I've started (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
24. Paint all of the rooms in our house colors that we want
     -I've picked out some of the paint, but it's not on the walls yet
25. Move the tree OUT of our back yard...the poor thing--there's no room for it!
26. Build something for our house--by myself! (a shelf, a cupboard, a table, etc)
27. Create a memory book from our wedding to have on display at home
28. Become (consistently) involved in a small group through church
29. Purge my wardrobe twice a year (spring/fall)
30. Take a long vacation/staycation with Kyle & just do all of the things we've dreamed of

So things are coming together, but hopefully I'll become more ambitious as spring arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...