Tuesday, April 26, 2016

She's Coming Back! {By the Numbers}

It's true! If you read Aubrey's blog, you'll know that I'm telling the truth. She's moving back! She's not entirely sure where she's moving back to...but she'll at least be in the states when Baby Entzel is born. Which is much better than first meeting him/her at Christmas!

Here's a little history of our relationship by the numbers (years).

We met in the fall of 2009 when a mutual friend duct taped us together and we've been inseparable ever since.



In the spring of 2010, we took an epic spring break road trip. We took in two basketball tournaments (for two different states), put approx. 1,200 miles on my car driving all over ND/MN, and made so many memories in that short week.



In the fall of 2010, we walked to and from classes together and saw each other every day. She also celebrated my birthday with me (and my mom)! We went to see Wicked at the Orpheum.


During the spring of 2011, Aubrey moved into the building right next door to me. She quickly became friends with my roommates and spent most of March Madness at our apartment with Kayla. And unfortunately, I am unable to find the footage of her playing "My Heart Will Go On" on her recorder. Stay tuned *get it?*I may be able to find it yet.

Aubrey moved home during the summer of 2011 to start her student teaching that fall. We still kept in contact even though we were 333 miles apart.

We spent a ton of time texting and emailing back and forth trying to figure out if this one boy liked me and if he did, when he'd ask me out. I can't even venture to guess how many texts were sent between November and February 2012.

Once we found out that he really did like me, I think the texting only increased.

There were a few times when I did take the Amtrak to see her. It was probably the springs of 2012 and 2013? (Aubrey, correct me if I'm wrong)

Then in the summer of 2012, she came to visit in Grand Forks on her way to camp.



During the summer of 2013, I was honored to have her stand up by me when I married my best friend.


Since then, our friendship has still been long distance with me being in ND and her teaching in Thailand for 2014-2016 but we've continued to see each other about once a year. We will FaceTime off and on. But we've remained friends for so long, that I know I can always count on her.

I'm so looking forward to having Aubrey move back to ND this summer and it can't come fast enough.

If you've got a By the Numbers post that you'd like to link up, please use the button and share with us! I'll add you to our collaboration section.


http://k2entzel.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...