Thursday, September 3, 2015

2 | My Perfect Day

Well...Aubrey already stole the cinematic reference I was going to use. So I guess I just have to be all practical and follow the rules like the rule follower I am.

Who am I kidding?! Click on the link under "cinematic reference" and you'll see what I'm talking about. Sorry, Aubrey. I had to!

But for reals now. I was just talking to my students yesterday about my perfect day. Granted, my front porch would have to be finished just the way we are dreaming about, but I digress.

I'd love to have a day where I can wake up on my own around 7 o'clock or 7:30am and shower and walk downstairs to a house that's completely put together. I know, it sounds menial so far, but if you saw our house...you'd understand. It's a "work in progress".

I would make a carafe of The Coffee Company's Cowboy or Colombian French and sit on my front porch. While on my front porch, I'd sip my coffee and read. I would do my devos for the day, followed by reading my current book.

I wouldn't need to care about cooking for other people (unless I wanted to). I wouldn't need to worry about going anywhere or seeing anyone. I could just be.

Some days I feel like I don't have enough time to just be and that can be hard. I'm a naturally extroverted person. But when I am looking forward to my time, I begin to crave it.

What about you? What's your perfect day like?

Linking up with The 2nd Annual Blog-tember Challenge over at Brave Love Blog.

Brave Love Blog

Blogtember Challenge 2015. Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...