Wednesday, September 2, 2015

1 | Who Am I?

It appears that I'm a day late and more than one dollar short. Woof.

Who am I?

My name is Kelly and I'm a twenty something Minnesota native, currently calling North Dakota "home". I'm a wife to a North Dakota native, who loves it here and currently has no thoughts on leaving the Midwest.


I teach English to 16, 17, 18 (and sometimes 19 & 20) year olds. I love what I do and I hope and pray that I make an impact in some of their lives. I believe that teaching isn't solely about the curriculum, it's about showing students how to think, communicate, grow, and be good people.

My husband and I are new-ish homeowners  and there's not much that beats coming home from work to my (usually messy) home!

I have a passion for anything alive, including (but not limited to) people, (other people's) pets, plants, MY GARDEN!, etc.

I've been passionate about plants and gardening for a good long while. I grew up in a town of 1500 where my English teacher also happened to be my choir teacher AND boss at the local greenhouse. She instilled in me a love and knowledge of plants that has continued to grow as I moved away from home and started my own garden.

My garden is full of tomatoes...and I hate them.
My heart gets glad every time I can pick something from my garden. (cucumbers, beans, tomatoes, peppers, peas, potatoes, etc)
Even when it's hot, I love going outside to look at my plants.
I especially love looking at how my garden has changed from the moment I planted my first seeds on my kitchen table to the enormous tomato plants that reach my shoulders.

I love coffee and Jesus.
    Jesus wins every time.
I love baking cupcakes.
I love to read, I just don't do it enough.
I love the color purple.
I love breakfast more than any other meal of the day.


One of my best friends is living and teaching in Bangkok, Thailand and as a result, I have a severe case of wanderlust. The more places I see, the more I want to travel.

If there's more you'd like to know, please ask. I love making new friends and I look forward to meeting you!


Linking up with the Second Annual Blog-tember Challenge over at Brave Love Blog! Check it out!

Brave Love Blog

Blogtember Challenge 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...